Don’t be afraid to sell your home without an agent! Thirteen percent of home sales in 2010 were completed without the support of a real estate professional and you can absolutely sell your home alone.
Here are some ideas to help you get the maximum exposure for your home:
- Signage – Put a “For Sale” sign in front of the house. Be sure that the phone number on the sign is easily readable and that you always answer the phone when it rings. 55% of buyers indicate, in a recent National Association of Realtors survey, that they use signage for information about homes they’re interested in seeing.
- Be available for showings of the home as much as possible – certainly between the hours of 9am and 8pm daily.
- Curb Appeal – is your home attractive to people who are driving by?
- Marketing on the web – 88% of buyers used the internet to find information about homes last year and yet only 33% of FSBOs use the internet to market their homes.
- Create and publish a virtual tour on the web. Here’s one we used to give you an idea of what that looks like.
- Hold an Open House. Be sure to advertise your open house on the web and in print. Be sure to call potential buyers and your neighbors to advertise the event. Nineteen percent of all FSBOs held an open house last year and 46% of buyers stated that they attended open houses to get more information about homes.
- Contact your local REALTORS to let them know that your home is available so that they can share this information with their clients.
This post is an entry in the Out With the Old, In With the New Active Rain contest. The original post was written on July 27, 2012, and can be seen here.
~ Wayne & Jean
Union County, NJ - a great place to live and work!
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers' clients. We cooperate with them fully.