6 things you didn’t know about the Shadow Inventory
- The shadow inventory consists mostly of distressed properties that are expected to sell at discounted prices.
- The shadow inventory will impact the housing values of the non-distressed homes in the area by absorbing some of the buyers.
- Foreclosed homes that have been on the market for less than a year sell for 35 percent below value.
- High inventory creates a buyers’ market; low inventory creates a sellers’ market.
- As of March, 2012, New Jersey has the worst shadow inventory in the US at 65 months worth of properties.
- In Southern California, 50% of all homes for sale are short sales, indicating that banks are becoming more willing to sell homes at a loss.
If you're considering selling your home or buying a new home, it's never been more important to be represented by a competent professional. Call us at 908-917-4189.
~ Wayne & Jean
Union County, NJ - a great place to live and work!
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers' clients. We cooperate with them fully.