Do you need an elevator speech? Probably, if you ever encounter people who might be potential clients or referrals. Here are four steps to creating the perfect elevator speech:
1. Set a timer for 10 minutes and spend that time brainstorming phrases or key words that describe how you help people. Write them down.
2. Use the words and phrases that you brainstormed to write sentences. Eliminate industry jargon or phrases that the average consumer won't understand. Use descriptive words, focusing on how you are the best at helping people accomplish their goals.
3. Choose the best 2-3 sentences and connect them into one thought. Perhaps create a hook or leave a little room for curiosity to pique their interest. Keep it to about 60 seconds.
4. Practice out loud and in front of your family and coworkers or accountability partners. Rework it as often as possible until it sounds natural and makes sense to you and until you're comfortable with it.
5. Refine and reword your elevator speech frequently to keep it fresh.
Do you have an elevator speech?
~ Wayne & Jean
Union County, NJ - a great place to live and work!
All opinions, information and data provided is deemed reliable but is subject to errors and omissions. Not intended to solicit other Brokers' clients. We cooperate with them fully.